I am sitting here trying to grasp everything that I have gone through in the last month or so. This medical roller coaster has been quite exhausting. Unfortunately, I still have no answers. I think that the worst part is that I have no idea when I might. I am frustrated that in this day and time it takes numerous doctors to even begin to find the problem. I now know that I have numerous nodules on my thyroid (one of which is solid). I also know that my blood tests came back with elevated results for the Sjogren's Syndrome Antibody A and something else that has to do with the immune system. I have been informed that my thyroid sits higher than most individuals. Mine is approximately 1" - 1 1/2" above the adam's apple area. However, at the same time, I was told that has no significance. It's just an oddity. The funny thing is that the doctor related it to a tilted uterine. Little did he know that I fall under that category as well. Now I'm beginning to wonder if any of my internal body parts are where they should be. Mom, did you forget to tell me something? LOL
I am now waiting on additional blood tests results, an appointment with an ENT specialist (next week) and an ultrasound/needle biopsy (next month). Just thinking about it all exhausts me! Hopefully, in the end, every time I've been stuck with a needle, every piece of paperwork I've filled out and every embarrassing question I've had to answer will all be worth it. Hopefully, soon, I'll be able to get back to "normal."
Patience is the best remedy for every trouble. (Unfortunately, I have none! LOL)
~Titus Maccius Plautus
No comments:
Post a Comment